The Advocacy Officer will be responsible for:
- Designing and delivering advocacy strategies to the LGBTI community, decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Working with the Operations Manager to help implement the education programs.
- Participating in strategic planning activities with U&S and partners.
- Monitoring current debates in the Saint Lucia and the OECS, international organizations on development, policies, and identifying opportunities to shape these policies.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with relevant stakeholders, government officials and civil society organizations.
- Supporting the advocacy work of United and Strong regional programmes.
- Organizing advocacy related initiatives.
- Organizing training workshops, roundtable sessions, coalition meetings and other activities.
- Creating media content; Monitoring the electronic, print and social media platforms for LGBT related matters.
- Monitoring legislative reform process;
- Any other duties assigned
Applicants are required to submit a copy of their Curriculum Vitae, accompanied by a cover letter and a 300 word statement of your views on the Human Rights of LGBT persons in Saint Lucia.
Read Terms of Reference here…. or email: email@example.com for more information.
Applications must be submitted via email only by August 15, 2015.
Please mark for the attention of “Operations Manager, United and Strong Inc.”